Random Facts about Me
- I still have a flip phone. Yes, this is true. It’s my choice dammit!!! And I hate text messaging. And no it’s not because my flip phone takes forever for me to text. I just hate text. And yes, it does take my flip phone forever to text.
- I was born with extra fingers. Wait, what? Yeah…you read it correctly. On both hands I had extra pinky fingers. The docs tied them up to cut off the circulation and they fell off. It was the 70s and I was all of a week old so I remember none of this. Around the age of nine or so I would tell people I suspected it was a result of my mother smoking while she was pregnant with me. Not sure why I ran with that, but I’m surprised I still have edges since she is good for snatching them.
- I’m kind of obsessed with 60s fashion and the 80s as a whole. I haven’t come to any conclusion as to why. It’s just a thing.
- Though I love to read; most of my reading enjoyment is in reading Young Adult novels. I read all types of books, but there is something about a Young Adult book that draws me in. (Yes, that includes stories about vampires who have beef with wolves and fallen angels)
- I’m socially awkward. I’m able to mask it at times, but for the most part I am uncomfortable in situations where the attention is on me. (Which sucks because I do a lot of presentations in my line of work) At a social gathering I’m most likely to be sneakily eating ALL of the buffalo wings, quesadillas, and deviled eggs.
- I have a super irrational fear of the brain eating amoeba that lurks in lakes. I have no plans to go splashing around in a lake…hell I’m more likely to get on an aircraft for a trip that orbits the planet 12 times (and I do not like to fly, but I am working on that this year) than I am to go swim…which brings me to the next random fact…
- Can’t really swim. Way to live up to that stereotype; right? Look, I took lessons twice as a kid and if I ever find myself in water I will be able to save myself, but do I count it as swimming? Not really.
Raven the (Random) Maven